View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 20, 2008, 02:22pm
Official Forum Member

1) Deal with the coach in the game. Personally sounds like you did not take care of her early. There are several ways of doing this.... Tell the coach to stop and then whack. Tell the coach and then tell a captain the coach is getting close to the line and help take care of it and then whack...Dont put up with it and whack...

2) If fans are yelling obscenities, why not get the game administration to address it. You would not let the yelling like that go on in a classroom would you?

3) Sounds like some mechanics issues to me... How can you referee an most of the time along one side line. Between switching on fouls, rotations, balls OOB, violations there has to be alot more moving that what you describe...

4) She yells twice you'll never officiate here again? and you dont run her? Where is your partner? If you did not run her and I was your partner I run her.

5) Why not just go into the locker room? The locker room is yours and she's not going to follow-you in. (one of the biggest arguments for changing at the gym)

6) Tell the coach to get out of your face and go to the locker room. In UT we have a no contact rule after the game. Violation is suspension of the coach.

7) Coach grabs my arm, the first thing I would tell her is to get her hands off me or she is going to jail.

7) You went after somone who hit you? You had witnesses on your side. Criminal Charges and Civil lawsuits will take care of that, but most of this would have been avoided if you went to the locker room and waited 15 minutes...

8) Where was your partner in all this?

9) why turn in a report to TASO? do they in turn file it with State/League Officials? If not the complaint should have gone to them...

Dont take this the wrong way but sounds like you need to work on some game mangement skills and (if you did not get the earlier point) learning how to go to the locker room after the game.

One of my pet peeves is an official (especially varsity) who comes to the game dressed, and runs out of the game as soon as it is done. (unless the school has no locker room... I have been to very few schools that dont offer the officials some sort of room...

And BTW did I ask where your partner was at?