View Single Post
Old Sat Dec 20, 2008, 02:16pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonInKansas View Post
First up, some paragraph breaks would make this a little easier to read. All the text running together is making my eyes water.

Secondly, did you administer any technicals? I can't believe she was still around at the end of this game.

Thirdly, going with a coach who grabs you by the arm, especially after a game like that, is asking for trouble.
So this "young" official sends in a situation which was obviously quite upsetting to him, and the best you can do is criticize his typing skills??? Get a life there in Kansas, would you.

And Ranchman, self-evaluation is always a good thing. But I can pretty much guarantee you that EVERY official goes through something like this at least once in their career. Whether it escalates to this level or not, there is always a game where the fans are horrible, the coach blames you in the local media, some player or parent files some kind of "complaint" against you, etc., etc. We have all gone through it. Quitting officiating would not be a good idea - the best advice I can give is to learn from this, talk to those other officials who were there and witnessed it, file charges against the guy who punched you, turn back any games you get from this school, and then get on with your officiating career. It's one game - how many good, fun games have you had? Bet it's more than one! Don't let the one bad one ruin all the other good experiences. You have to get back up in that saddle again.