View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 18, 2008, 10:50am
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbyron View Post
Is there a difference between "definite" and "precise" knowledge? Could I definitely know that about 10 seconds should come off the clock?
The funny thing there is no "precise" definition in the rules what he word "definite" means as it relates specifically to this rule. And the rule gives officials the power to use their counts and other information to help decide. And in this case the official had definite knowledge the clock should have started. He/she had definite knowledge the clock was not supposed to sit at 8:00 on the clock after play had continued. And unless you can show me evidence of something, there is nothing that says he/she did not have definite knowledge the clock should be at that point in the game. Unless you are a mind reader or know how people draw conclusions about things, you have no "definite" knowledge they did or did not apply the rule. Of course they could tell you, but I find it funny that people seem to know things by only reading some words on a discussion board.

Peace