View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 07:44pm
Esteemed Forum Member

By The Book (Get It ???) ???

So most you guys expect the book to be ready, i.e. names, and numbers, supplied, before the ten minute mark? Here in my little corner of the "Land of Steady Habits", the book almost never "ready" at ten ten minute mark, all the way up to, and including, high school varsity games. I have never seen, or heard about a technical foul penalty for this in 28 years. This seems to be our "custom", to give a little, or a lot of, leeway to the table crew. If we started enforcing the rule, as written in the book, after about a week, names , and numbers, would not only be supplied, they would be in the book at the twelve minute mark, which is when our referees are supposed to check the book. As it stands, if any of us called a technical foul, by the book, in this situation, we would be viewed by our assigner, our interpreters, and our evaluators, as being "overly officious officials".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)