View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 12:20pm
Official Forum Member

Thumbs down Second T Needed?

So I made the mistake of helping a friend by working a kids BB tourney this weekend. 3 games Sat and 3 on Sun.

First game on Sunday a Dad tells me he has me on video and is going to turn me in. Not sure to who as kids tournament's in our area aren't governed by any groups. The game had the usual 3 T's and an intention foul. Also a great no call at the end of the game (that's mostly what the dad was angry about).

Second game usual no one is happy but we call a good game. 3 intentional fouls in the last minute. You would think after the 1st one or maybe the second one the players would learn to play the ball and not shove to foul. There were only 3 int's because we ran out of time.

Third game coach is mad about every call. His team is up 30 with 20 seconds left in the game. We are shooting a free throw and on the rebound one of his players is boxed out pretty aggressively but NOT a foul. As the player goes up the court he yells at me JC get them off of me. So we have a T with 12 seconds left in the game.

I report the T and go to the coach and tell him what the player said so he knows why I would call a T that late in the game. The coach then says to me "he's right isn't he?" The coach is sitting, and doesn't say it that loud.

At that point in the game I had had enough but I didn't T the coach. In a Varsity game would that be enough to give the coach a T?