View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 17, 2008, 10:50am
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow whistle View Post
the visiting scorer has the official book and is writing the home team name/numbers in HIS book even though his team's names/numbers/starters are not in the official book yet!!! It was a bit unusual last night around here due to a snow storm we were starting about an hour late (turned my 1hr drive into 3 hrs), so they were only given 15 mins for warmups where it usually would be 20..so I was ready to be a little lenient as far as having everything in by 10, but come on!! I had to physically take the official book from this guy and tell the guy who was doing the announcing to write the numbers/starters from the visiting team into the official book so I could have a look...should've known it was gonna be a long night...
As Bob alluded to, they're required to provide the numbers to avoid the T. They are not required to have the numbers in the book to avoid the T. You can't possibly punish the visiting team (or home team, for that matter) if they've given the info to the scorer but the scorer either isn't there or hasn't entered the info yet.