View Single Post
Old Sun Dec 14, 2008, 09:35pm
Official Forum Member

Occupying Free throw Spaces

I'm sure this has been covered but I was just corrected in a game tonight by my partner so I want to confirm the call...learn.

I was administrating the free throw (one shot/&1). A is shooting and A's players decide not to occupy the second lane spaces...all four of B's players were in their respective lane spaces. I informed the two B players (close to shooter) that they could take the second lane spaces vacated by A. My partner (in T) jumped in and immediately told the B players that they had to remain in their spaces...further stating to me that "that's incorrect and whoever told you that was WRONG"...in front of all the players and anyone else within earshot.

Since my partner had over 15 yrs experience doing college and HS I did not challenge the correction (I've only got 3 yrs experience). I did say later that I thought the players from B could occupy any of the 3 lane spaces. My partner just said no. I tried to find it in the rules book but could only find a reference to it in the HS casebook 8.1.4. This was a HS JV game.

Wrong or Right?