View Single Post
Old Fri Dec 12, 2008, 10:38am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevadaref View Post
It's not a PC or TC foul, sir. The ball was released on a try for goal ending both player and team control.

I'm not sure that the NCAAM rules contain a provision similar to the NFHS rules which provides for penalizing a foul BY an airborne shooter while the ball is dead. I believe so, but since I'm not sure, I said that I would research it rather than post something that turns out to be incorrect, which is what you have just done.

OK, excuse me as I used the wrong terminology when I said TC. But the fact remains that in NCAAM you can count the bucket if the try is released before the crash happens, have a foul on A1 for fouling B1 who had legal position, and give the ball to B1. I called that a TC foul, which you are correct it is not. I'm not sure what 'name' you'd give to that type of foul, my apologies.

You know, I'm here trying to provide my input on discussion to a legitimate question so that I can learn and have some knowledge in case such a situation arises in the future. You, sir, are being less than constructive in pointing out that what I posted wasn't correct. The point of this forum is to expand our knowledge, not to act better than thou... What do I gain in coming here and trying to contribute to the discussion if you're going to be such a prick when you point out the fairly innocent mistake in conversation? I may have a low post count, but I've lurked here for years and this isn't the first time this has been pointed out to you. Yes, you have a great knowledge of the written rules, congratulations. Try to be a little more humble about it.