View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 11, 2008, 03:36pm
I drank what?

Send a message via MSN to w_sohl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotto View Post
According to the NCAA casebook, you didn't do this right. The ruling makes sense in that it doesn't lead to A having lost the possession it deserved as a result of the foul.

A.R. 22. Before the bonus rule is in effect, B1 fouls A1. The official errs by awarding A1 a one-and-one attempt.
(3) A1 misses the front end of the one-and-one and the game clock starts, at which time the official detects the error;
RULING: (3) Team A shall be awarded the ball at a designated spot nearest to where the foul occurred. The free throw(s) and activity during it, other than any technical foul, a flagrant personal foul or an intentional personal foul shall be canceled. Any points scored, time consumed and additional activity that may occur before the recognition of the error, shall not be nullified.
other than points scored as a result of the unmerrited free throw...

I just wanted to clear that up for newer officials.

In other words, if A1 hits the first and misses the second now B rebounds and scores, A rebounds and scores and B once again before clock stops or error is recognized B would keep the four points it scored, A gets the two but loses the free throw and then they get the ball OOB nearest the spot where the fould occured.

Last edited by w_sohl; Thu Dec 11, 2008 at 07:17pm.