View Single Post
Old Thu Dec 11, 2008, 02:46pm
Official Forum Member

Send a message via AIM to Lotto
Quote:
Originally Posted by budjones05 View Post
A1 is fouled by B1. The table says we are in the bonus. A1 shoots and misses the 1st shot when Team B rebounds the ball. The table buzzes us over and says its only 6 fouls. So I give team B the ball because of the POI since they had possession of the ball when the table buzz us over. Did I do this right? And if possible, can I have the case and rule book number. Thanks
According to the NCAA casebook, you didn't do this right. The ruling makes sense in that it doesn't lead to A having lost the possession it deserved as a result of the foul.

A.R. 22. Before the bonus rule is in effect, B1 fouls A1. The official errs by awarding A1 a one-and-one attempt.
(3) A1 misses the front end of the one-and-one and the game clock starts, at which time the official detects the error;
RULING: (3) Team A shall be awarded the ball at a designated spot nearest to where the foul occurred. The free throw(s) and activity during it, other than any technical foul, a flagrant personal foul or an intentional personal foul shall be canceled. Any points scored, time consumed and additional activity that may occur before the recognition of the error, shall not be nullified.