View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 10, 2008, 01:02pm
Official Forum Member

I think they have used instant replay in high school hockey in Minnesota. Am I remembering that correctly?

This would be a big advantage for schools who could afford it, which might exacerbate the haves vs have nots thing.

I'm all for improving officiating. Training, video study, area meetings, discussion boards like this - they're all tools for helping us get better. So in theory, you could make the case.

I just see way too many problems with the actual implementation. Like Hoss said - we've often got the best view. Not always. And sometimes we still screw it up.

But if y'all want to get either RefBot 3000s out there or make us retire at the age of 30 when our eyesight isn't as sharp, knock yourself out. I know I'm doing the best I can, and high school football isn't supposed to be the NFL.
"And I'm not just some fan, I've refereed football and basketball in addition to all the baseball I've umpired. I've never made a call that horrible in my life in any sport."---Greatest. Official. Ever.