View Single Post
Old Wed Dec 10, 2008, 02:11am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAump View Post
I understand why we remove the mask. The question is why do you remove the bucket so often? Wait a minute, you remove your helmet because we removed our mask. I am looking for any other reason you remove the bucket. Plain English, ball hit to LF, why take your eyes off the ball?

Okay I'll bite first. I take off the mask because I am really quick. When I go out on a fly ball, I don't want my mask to fling off in front of me and take my attention away from the play. If falling off when I take off isn't a problem, then I worry that it will fall off when I stop. That is the exact moment when I need to make my call. I can't be fidgeting around trying to catch my mask at the same time. Now how or why would a HSM lose it perch?
You remove the helmet for the same reason you remove your mask, not because you removed your mask. Do you think helmet wearers want their helmets bobbing up and down when they run? Why of course not. But you already knew that, because, as you often do, you are just messing with everyone's head here!
Matthew 15:14, 1 Corinthians 1:23-25