View Single Post
Old Tue Dec 09, 2008, 09:52pm
Esteemed Forum Member

NFHS: Please Make 0 Legal, and 00 Illegal, Period ...

Team A has one team member wearing 0, and the another team member wearing 00. Maybe one, or both participate, becoming players. Maybe they don't. In all cases, the 0, and 00, are discovered after the ten minute mark. Maybe before the game starts. Maybe after the game starts.

Are these considered identical numbers?
Penalized when discovered: A team shall not have identical numbers on team members, and/or players, after the ten minute time limit. Team technical foul. Charged upon discovery of identical numbers. A maximum of one foul per team regardless of the number of infractions. A maximum of one technical foul per team regardless of the number of infractions for 2a, 3a, 3b, 3c, 4a. Only one team member may wear a given number; the other must change to a number not already in use before participating.

Are these considered illegal numbers?Penalized when discovered: The head coach shall not permit a team member to participate while wearing an illegal number. Head coach direct technical foul. Penalized when discovered. A maximum of one technical foul shall be charged directly to the head coach regardless of the number of offenders. The team member with the illegal uniform number may participate without further penalty and is not required to change his/her number. If no changes are made to the scorebook, no infraction has occurred.

"I've given you a topic. Talk amongst yourselves".
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)