View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 24, 2002, 10:23am
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: All they have to do is ask.

Quote:
Originally posted by bigwhistle
...we all know officials that would "pad" their resumes in order to get the big game. [/B]
While in my short "career" I have not personally seen this, I can't figure out why someone would do this (and I have no doubt it is done all the time). Do people really think they are going to get away with it? Do they think they are suddenly going to get better when they walk on the floor? Do they think they will ever get a playoff/big game from that assignor again when they realize what has happened?

On the topic...why not simply contact the assignor, tell them you have 3-person experience and then say "Obviously I would like to have an opportunity to work some post season games. When can we schedule an time for you to watch me work. It can be any level, at any location you have. I will work my schedule around yours as much as possible." If the assignor does not have time, then ask if there is an official whose opinion he values and respects that can evaluate you. Be proactive! The person who said "all good things come to those who wait" was not trying to move up in officiating.

If I was wanting to get playoff games, that is the approach I would take.