View Single Post
Old Mon Dec 01, 2008, 10:23pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefLarry View Post
I have liability insurance when I referee a game that has been assigned or sub-assigned by my board. I also referee dozens of parks & rec and travel games that are assigned by others (towns mostly). I need insurance while I referee.

I have always have been a member of National Association of Sports Officials (NASO) but my membership recently expired. For about $79/year I can get :
General Liability Insurance Protection
"Provides up to $3 million per occurrence, with an overall policy aggregate of $4 million for claims for bodily injury, property damage and personal injury, sporting activities that are organized by recognized sports organizations, leagues and associations and while assigning, attending seminars, conferences, camps, clinics and similar meetings. Each individual NASO member has a $2 million aggregate subject to a total NASO policy aggregate of $50 million." There are more benefits. I am not trying to sell NASO memberships.

Are there any other reasonable officiating liabilty insurance options for this price or cheaper?
You forgot the subscription to Ref Mag!!