Thread: Blarge alert!!!
View Single Post
Old Sun Nov 30, 2008, 11:15pm
Official Forum Member

Thanks Nevedaref for posting the detailed explanation, as a newbie I was missing the airborne player part of this play. I kept thinking that the Tenn Player had LGP and was moving obliquely, but missed the part about the airborne player. It is difficult to tell for sure from the angles on the video when the offensive player became airborne in relation to the slide, but I now understand the reason some are seeing this as a block.

As far as getting the video I just happened to have the game on and I have digital cable with a DVR so it records what is currently being watch to allow you to pause it and rewind it. Honestly I was reading the forum and not really watching the game closely when I saw your Blarge alert post, so I backed up the DVR and recorded the play to my DVD recorder. I replayed it a couple of times and then replayed it at slow speed while recording it to the dvd. I then took the dvd into a video editing program, edited it to get just the play, and had the video editor output a file i could upload to YouTube.

The details would vary depending upon your hardware, for example I think some DVRs will allow you to directly move the file to a computer without burning it to the DVD first.