View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 28, 2008, 11:53pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juulie Downs View Post
Well, to be truthful, Scrappy-doo, this board wasn't the first or fourth or even twentieth thing on my "thankful" list this year.

I'm thankful to God to be on my feet most days this fall.
... for a great job for my daughter, that she's sticking to and excelling at.
... for a great life-partner for my oldest son.
... for a full ride scholarship for my middle son.
... for my youngest son's new diagnosis, which is far, far less serious.
... for a low-interest mortgage that allows pre-payment, and isn't sub-prime!
... for my husband's job in the health care sector, the only sector not dropping right now.
... that my dear friend in Kenya survived last winter, and that the school she runs is thriving.
... for a dog that almost never barks.
... for all the hippie food available in my town.

but most of all for the love and companionship of wonderful man who has infinite patience and generosity, and thinks we belong together.

Getting off the board, and out of basketball this winter was actually really good for my perspective on life.

Although, now that you mention it, I'm very thankful that a lot of the insult and flaming is gone.

Yea, Scrappy, you're right, it's over the top. I was feeling sort of sentimental last evening, after a very, very nice thanksgiving, and just spilled. I know you didn't mean it as your top item.

On the list of board things I'm thankful for, Rita C is right up there. It's nice to see you back, Rita!

PS Padgett, have you been to Kornblatt's downtown? They have good pastrami!

Last edited by Juulie Downs; Fri Nov 28, 2008 at 11:53pm. Reason: to add comment to Padgett.