Thread: Full or 30
View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 28, 2008, 04:22am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
If a coach asks for a 30 and has only a full, you give him the full. It's a non-issue.
No, unless I am aware that he is out of 30s, I will signal for a 30, tell my partners that it is a 30, then head to the table and report a 30. When I learn that he is out of 30s, I now have to tell the coach of the non-calling team, who likely watched me report or perhaps even asked me on my way to the table what type of TO was taken and then dutifully kept his team standing, that it is a full and his team can sit down. Then I need to inform the coach of the calling team that he has to take a full because he already used his 30s, and finally I have to tell my partners who are standing in the wrong locations to move. It is just better to know in advance and not have to go through all of this and look like a fool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by just another ref View Post
If there is a bookkeeping mistake, exactly how do you proceed with this definite knowledge?
Example A:
Table has each team recorded as using one 30 and two fulls. Coach B disagrees. I'm the R. My parters are Jack and Bob. I ask Jack how many 30s Team B has taken. He says zero. I ask Bob how many 30s Team A has taken. He says both of them. I now know the problem. The bookkeeper wrote down one of the 30s on the wrong side. I fix it and avoid having to write a report to the state office for all of the nastiness that would have occurred had the visiting team gotten screwed out of a time-out.