View Single Post
Old Tue Nov 25, 2008, 01:06pm
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Padgett View Post
And he did all this while selling popcorn! I heard they're thinking of changing the name of the school to "Diebler State University"! I'd love to have a "DSU" t-shirt, and I don't mean Delaware State.

BTW - years ago, Delaware State played Portland State in football, when Neil Lomax was the QB here. Portland State scored over 90 points. After the game, the PSU baseball coach said in front of the press, "I wonder if Delaware State has a baseball team?" That's cold.

Mark:

I can do you one better. Back in the day, before Roger Staubach joined the Dallas Cowboys, NAS, Pensacola still had a football team that played Div. II schools and Staubach played QB on the team for the team the years between the time he graduated from the Naval Academy and joined the Cowboys. Fall 1969 was the last year that the Navy had the team at Pensacola and they traveled to Youngstown to play Youngstown State University. YSU still didn't have its own stadium at that year played its home games at Rayen Stadium (Youngstown Rayen H.S.), and the starting QB for YSU that year was a young man from Erie, PA, buy the name of Ron Jawarski. (see Monday Night Football). Between the two of them they throw about 7 or 8 TD passes.

MTD, Sr.
Ohio Assn. of Basketball Officials
International Assn. of Approved Bkb. Officials
Ohio High School Athletic Association
Toledo, Ohio