Thread: Training
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 24, 2008, 09:56pm
Official Forum Member

Training

Does anyone know of any films available to help teach some of the more difficult judgement calls? Pass interference and holding are the two that are causing me to work the hardest while on the field. I know the basics and I feel I'm in good position to see so now it's just learning when to throw it and when to let the players play. Then there has been a couple times that I've seen what upon reflection I would call a penalty but since the thought process took me a few seconds too long then I would feel unnatural for basically throwing the flag "too late". This indecision is causing what I would characterize as inconsistency in my calls.

I know when I played ball that film study with definate instruction behind it would drill concepts into my head and allow me to react more quickly to what I saw. I was hoping that there would be a production out there that basically showed numerous plays with approved interpretations or judgements that I could watch over and over to help speed my decision making process on the field.