View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 21, 2008, 04:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW View Post
Perhaps you guys should grab your rule book and re-read this section. It doesn't sound like you fully grasp this rule and all the exceptions of when a batter can and can not leave the box.

Trust me I have reread this portion and SEVERAL others several times in response to this post, more than probably any other I have resonded in the years I have been on this site!! And I am still confused!

If you reread my post I did not say it was a passed ball, or a wild pitch, I said it was a low pitch and there was a history of a low strike zone and a bad catcher. So the exception you listed would not apply. Also if you reread somewhere in the pages of this post I am not advocating calling a strike and I did mention that a warning is possible in this case, so I do think I have an understand of this rule. However, I guess getting down to it I agree with the original post question....it does not seem fair to me that we give the ability to warn the batter for leaving the box( a delay of the game), even give them 8 exceptions when they can leave the box...but we nail the catcher that throws when the batter is running down to first for no apparent reason cause they should know the count and not react to the offense....maybe it's the rules but it don't seem right!