View Single Post
Old Wed Nov 19, 2008, 11:23pm
Esteemed Forum Member

I Can See Clearly Now ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back In The Saddle View Post
If "penalized when discovered" means what it means for excess time outs, how would it mean anything different for an illegal uniform/number. If #86 plays, he has participated. At any point from when he's beckoned onto the floor until all officials have left the visual confines of the court at the end of the game, the head coach is on the hook if it's brought to the official's attention. Seems very clear to me.
And now, thanks to you, it's clearer to me. What was confusing me was trying to figure out if the interpretation of the rule for "penalized when discovered" was referring to the coach permitting #86 to participate; or if it was referring to #86 participating. Since the technical foul is charged to the head coach, then, I guess, that we're penalizing the coach for permitting #86 to participate, and anytime after he permitted that infraction, he, or she, could, should, and would be penalized, until the officials have left the visual confines of the court.

Sometimes I wish I had never started this project, but thanks to some help from members of this Forum, I hope to complete this study guide in a few days.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)