View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 14, 2008, 10:24am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow whistle View Post
I think I remember reading about this situation in the past on this board, but actually had it happen last night. I am trail, A1 bringing the ball up from BC and for whatever reason decides to start going East/West at the point where he is straddling the HC line, ball being dribbled in the FC. B1 reaches in and bats the ball just a foot or so away from A1. A1 then touches the ball with his back foot still in the backcourt. I have a violation since I have 1) team control and 2) a ball in the frontcourt once the ball was batted away 3) A1 first to touch the ball while in the BC - correct? I believe I was, but this is really a bang-bang type of play. It is beyond me why players play with fire along the HC line makes it a difficult situation to officiate. Any tips on what to focus on here to make this play "slow down"? You're watching for contact on the dribbler, ensuring that he maintains his dribble, watching to see when FC status is established...just a lot going on here..
You mean other than the reaching foul.......??

Hmmm...I would stab at it as a BC violation if he simply picked it up. His dribble ended on the bat, therefore ending the 3 point rule.