View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 13, 2008, 08:57pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Penalized when discovered ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartans View Post
At the beginning of the third quarter, Team A takes an excessive time-out. The scorer fails to notify the official. After the third period ends, the scores inform the official that Team A's last time-out was an excessive time-out. The official rules an excessive time-out must be recognized within the correctable error time frame to penalize. Is the official correct? I said yes. My partners stated that an excessive time-out is not one of the correctable errors and they had no. Any feed-back would be helpful.
Penalized when discovered: A team shall not request an excess timeout; Team technical foul. The penalty for an excessive timeout is assessed when discovered.

No time constraints. The scorekeeper can inform the officials about the excessive time out several live balls, dead balls, started clocks, stopped clocks, later; even up to, but not beyond, the officials leaving the visual confines of the gym. If the excessive timeout is taken in the first period, the scorekeeper can inform the offcials late in the fourth period, during a live ball, or during a dead ball, and the offcials are still going to penalize.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)