View Single Post
Old Thu Nov 13, 2008, 01:14pm
Official Forum Member

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bossman72 View Post
All,

Most of us here work summer baseball where teams use OBR rules with their modifications (re-entry, metal bats, slide rule, etc). However in their league rules, the majority of the time, they don't list a penalty for violating these rules. It says what you MAY do, but does not have a consequence for violating that rule.
Bossman most of the leagues we service DO SPECIFY the penalty

Example:

Legion has their own rules which you can down-load.

Legion has the NCAA FPSR and Collision rule and some others.

Other than those SPECIFIED Legion uses American League OBR rules meaning DH for F1 only (except for the Jr Division which I believe is changing in year 2009) No Re-entry

Most of the leagues we service say one of the following:

Except those rules highlighted below all other rules are governed by the Official Rules of baseball or some leagues say Except for those rules highlighted below all other rules are governend by NFHS rules.

In a nutshell I do not know what leagues you umpire in where there is not a SPECIFIC penalty etc.

Yes most leagues use a hybrid of rules, but these hybrid rules are copied almost verbatim from the "other' rule set.

In any event I agree with Bob, absent anything SPECIFIC I think the default rule code would be OBR except in those instances where Re-Entry is used (Obviously no re-entry in OBR ruels) and bat restrictions. In those instances IMO, the default rule code would be NFHS and I would rule accordingly.

Now whether or not you get into the different interps between Evans vs. Roder is an entirely different matter.

Pete Booth