View Single Post
Old Fri Nov 07, 2008, 07:45pm
Keeper of the HAMMER

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitEmCold View Post
I have been reading this forum and it helps me, as a coach, see the game the way an official does. I do have a question related to this topic, How should a coach handle a situation when an official makes a call and gives an explanation, but is wrong on the ruling? What is appropriate during the game? After the game? Should the official be made aware of the rule?

Curious to see what yall think.
This is going to largely depend on a few things. What level of ball is this? Are the officials assigned by an area "assigner"? Are they hired by the AD, rec director, etc.? If they're assigned, you're best bet is to contact their assigner after the game; probably through your AD if you're looking at a school sponsored league.

If it's a rec league, AAU league, YMCA league, etc., you're better off approaching the director afte the game.

If, and only if, you have a really good raport with the official, you might be able to challenge it during the game. I highly recommend against this, however.

If you have a decent raport with the official, you might be able to bring it up after the game; perhaps in the form of a friendly wager.