Thread: Batter refuses
View Single Post
Old Mon Nov 03, 2008, 02:17pm
Official Forum Member

So how many times have you ordered a "directed strike"

I've only done it twice.

First time- I'd just ejected the offensive teams 1st base coach and another assistant, I get back behind the plate call the batter to the box, no response, I ask again even louder, no response, then "Strike 1!" that got his attention.

Second time - It was the second game of a double header my partner and I already switched out got some water and were ready to play we had the plate conference. I ended the same way I always do by saying, "Home team go ahead and take the field."

A minute or two later nothing, I holler over for them to hustle out to the field again, nothing. I walk over and tell the home coach I'm calling balls right now, and he needs to get his team on the field. (Its been almost 5 minuets from the end of the plate conference). Once they get out the pitcher is asking about warm up pitches, I tell them no warm ups its been too long already. I am about to award the first batter first base, when I summon the batter, the other coach hasn't even told his team his batting order. I was drop jawed. So the first batter came to the plate over 5 minuets after the end of the plate conference with a 3-2 count.