View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 27, 2008, 03:30pm
Official Forum Member

No issues with anything anyone has said...in fact, I'm loving the dialouge and perspective.

We all have a view of it and bring a unique perspective to this type of thing.

Again, I am allowed to deem contact incidental or not as the official and will always fall back on that. I'm not dealing with a black and white issue of say punching a kid in the nose or picking up a dribble and starting again and can choose to pass on those...I must call something there provided I see it.

Contact between a defender and dribbler is subject to what I see, interpret under my understanding of the rules and if I feel that contact put one of those players at a dis-advantage then I will blow the whistle.

We have all adjusted our calls in games before...if it were getting too physical we tighten up to send a message to the players. We don't let them continue to pound on each other and let tempers escalate.....I would equate my philosophy on this matter to that. Again...only I can determine for myself if contact is incidental or not and perhaps I simply don't feel contact on FCP, up 20+ points is incidental at that juncture.

EDIT FOR: I'm strictly talking about lower level stuff...not HS and in some cases, not 7th/8th grade.

Last edited by Coltdoggs; Mon Oct 27, 2008 at 03:37pm.