View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 24, 2008, 04:19pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by refboss View Post
Bob,

Just FYI, I have more than a few games under my belt .....
at levels at least as high as you've worked !!
No offense to you!

I wasn't asking to be instructed and thought that this forum would be
a good extra resource!

I was simply looking for material that might enhance my presentation,
since I am not currently registered with any formal group.

Maybe I was foolish to believe that officials here might want to help
other officials in their learning process and show that the members
of this forum are professional.

Perhaps I should refrain from recommending this site as one
to go to learn and have meaningful dialogue.

Have a great day.
Barry Alman (basketball official since 1973)
I think the resistance stemmed largely from the nature of your post. It seems as though you want everyone here to do the work for you so you can compile it and present it.

For instance, you asked at least four separate rules questions within your post. Yes, this is a forum where people come and ask questions, but most times it is in a casual, off-hand manner about something that's on our mind or came up in a game last night.

Look at it this way: imagine as if this board were your friendly neighborhood bar, and the posters its patrons. We sit around and talk shop, ask each other questions and even give eachother a hard time every now and then.

Then some guy walks in and says he wants us all to take time out of our drinking and conversing to put together a memo outlining the context of the discussions we've had over the last couple of years and get it back to him so he can go file a report somewhere.

What would you expect the reaction at the bar to be? And what would expect the reaction to be if you stormed out and vowed to never send your friends to that bar?

Just some food for thought.