View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 06, 2002, 10:05am
Official Forum Member

First. I thought the US performance was lackluster but I am curious as to what anybody else thought of a couple of calls.

Maybe I dont understand FIBA which would not be a first but

Call #1- Later in the game there was a US player shooting a three point shot and they called the foul that put the US player (dont recall think it was Davis) on the line for a four point play... Did any one else think that call was ticky tacky? I

Call #2- Last minute of the game Vlade sets a screen up high and A. Miller? gets tripped up on it and goes down to floor. They called the foul on Miller and then sent someone else to the line. Personally I thought it should have been a no call since the pick did what it was intended to do and Miller did not crash into him, he just saw the pick tried to go around it and tripped on Vlade's leg... The interesting thing about this was the pick was top of key high to the right side of the floor and it was lead who made the initial call (least that's what appered on TV)

I think if I had made at least the second call around here I'd be lucky if I were still working Girl's A freshman ball.