View Single Post
Old Mon Oct 13, 2008, 07:59am
Official Forum Member

Send a message via MSN to grantsrc
Speculating on my part but I believe the crew that worked the game would be the "number one" crew in the Big 12. I know three of the guys on the crew and all of them are outstanding officials. The LJ officiated in NFL Europe the last season it was around, the U will probably be in the NFL in the next few years and has worked the Big 12 and national championship game, as has the H. All of them are great officials and people as well.

As for the late hits, sure they weren't huge hits but they were hits OOB and need to be called, especially in a rivalry game. The officials need to send a message early that the chippy stuff won't be tolerated. Announcers are idiots, especially when it comes to college football because very few of them really take the time to understand the differences between NCAA and NFL.

As for the incomplete pass, the ground can cause an incomplete pass. NCAA has gone the way of the NFL and requires the receiver to show complete control through the entire action of completing a catch. Sounds like in the play mentioned above that he lost control when the receiver went to the ground, good call to me.