View Single Post
Old Sat Oct 11, 2008, 07:17pm
Official Forum Member

The coach is an idiot...but what else is new. Situation escalated because BOTH umpires contributed to this becoming a cluster f**k that NEVER should have happened...BU is wrong for giving the coach a wise *** unprofessional answer to the question (no matter who idiotic the question or how loud and obnoxious he was in asking it). PU is wrong for not showing some guts and actually letting the coach bully him into stopping the clock and calling the UIC. If I'm the PU that's not happening...I'm either calming him down after my BU's screw-up, and if that fails I'm dumping him...just like Back In the Saddle said in his post. Guy acts like a jerk and shows up the crew he's gone...no if's, no and's, no but's about it. If a UIC or league director etc. thinks I'm wrong I'll deal with them and whatever fallout goes along with it.
I'm also having a "heart to heart" with my BU after the game.
Bottom line is that you can't let guys like this coach run the show. Yes, the BU brought it on, but we all know that in the softball world these type of theatrics go on far too often with coaching staffs, and I've seen too many umps let these guys get away with this stuff time and time again.
Just my .02 cents.