View Single Post
Old Fri Oct 10, 2008, 04:21pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrenkicker View Post
I agree. Perhaps that is your usual pace though Ed. Do you call a lot of delays of game through-out the season? If you do perhaps you could slow down your RFP through-out the entire game.

I also agree that we don't see everything. Even with 7 guys you don't see everything. Perspective limits us to usually two or three views of a play but sometimes it gets down to only one or maybe even none. I would bet that if you really looked at any game you were working that there is probably a time or two during the game where something could happen and nobody would see it. We work hard to limit those times but there is no guarantee that we can eliminate them.
Our RFP is usually 12-15 seconds which in this area is pretty fast and we know, if you want snaps we'll give them to you. The coaches have adapted and DOGs are less than .5/game for a season, we had two in this game and both against Sayville the last one and one at 3:12 which we told the QB as time to snap and he was looking at the clock.

Not to make excuses but we started 5-man this year and there are adjustments and I will be reviewing those for tomorrow's game.