View Single Post
Old Thu Oct 02, 2008, 12:24pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rei View Post
No, you definitely missed it. You should re-read it all very carefully.

You would never advance very high in any kind of officials association, and would probably never amount to any kind of decent official, and frankly, would have an opinion that no decent official would really care about.
Rei with all due respect Dave has a point. We all know that for the most part in order to advance in an umpire association there is a certain dress code. However, that's not what I asked.

Here is the crux of my OP

Quote:
So let's take away umpire associations for a minute in which we are mandated to dress a certain way. Is apparel that important of an issue for the participants or is it more of an umpire vs. umpire issue
I am not talking about our peers or specific umpire associations. I am STRICTLY speaking as Tee said about the participants view.

I am assuming you read Nigel's thread about doing a game in shorts because he left his "stuff" home. At the beginning perhaps some got a laugh but as the game progressed IMO, the particpants cared more about how good his zone was etc. Granted he was solo but as long as he was hustling etc. that's all they really care about.

If Nigel did a good job he would most likely be requested to do another of thier games.

Our peers and umpire association perspectives are vastly different from that of participants.

Pete Booth