View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 30, 2008, 09:36am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtBryan View Post
If one of our WR's is pushed by a defender but his momentum leads him to hit a different defender in the back near the ball carrier, is that a block in the back?

It happened to us earlier this year and we got penalized?

Sound normal? Or do you believe the Ref did not see the initial defender hit our guy into theirs?

Thanks, KB
Strange things happen in this game of ours so I would say that it is not out of the realm of possibilities.

Based on your description, If I saw the whole thing I would pass on the call. With seeing the whole thing being the key phrase. Sometimes we only catch the tail-end of the play and have to make a snap decision. If it looks like a train wreck then odds are I am probably gonna call it. If it is something screwy like the play you described, I wouldn't hesitate to talk to another member of my crew for any input if I am the only one with the foul to see if they saw anything else.

Did you see the whole thing as it happened or did you only pick it up after watching the film? If you saw the whole play did you ask the covering official for an explanation of what he saw?

Maybe the covering official saw it and decided that your receiver's contact with the other defender was avoidable and warranted a flag, or maybe he flat out missed it.

Seems to me that you're not happy with the covering official's call. Would you feel the same way if it happened to YOUR defender?