View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 29, 2008, 12:28pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny1784 View Post
Heck no to your question. I have never seen such an action and duh... I do understand the proper usage of the wind the clock signal. Please re-read my previous quotes as I never posted any such statements that a wing official would be trailing the play winding the clock all the way down the sideline while the ball is live. Why did you assume to comprehend such nonsense? My original post referred to a punch extended arm communication signal told to me to be required by wing during live ball with runner advancing along sideline and I wanted feedback from others if they ever heard of such a requirement. You’re coming across from left field with your reply.
REPLY: I never assumed that you or anyone else did this. I was using it as an analogy of signaling while the ball is live. Of course winding the clock during the play is ridiculous. But you were the one who brought it up as a means of comparison to the signal in your original post. I just pointed out the difference--that being that the signal you proposed was used throughout the play, whereas the one you mentioned as a comparison is simply used when the ball becomes dead. If my reply appeared to be coming from left field, I apologize.