View Single Post
Old Tue Aug 27, 2002, 08:16pm
Official Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: Tip of the year !

Quote:
Originally posted by BktBallRef
Quote:
Originally posted by devdog69
Mick, I hope you were joking. Although, I don't dispute the validity of the statement, I almost got sick at my stomach thinking of calling a foul based on something such as this.

Coach: How the hel! can you call that, his back was to you and you couldn't see it, and he got all ball, and he was all-world last year, and has never been called for a violation, much less a foul, blah, blah, blah, blah...

Mr. Official: Well, coach, ya see, he swiped down and the ball went up, and I have found thru my extensive research that that is generally an infraction of the rules.
Well Devon, I guess if you're stupid enough to say that, you probably should be throwing up.

Juulie, OUCH? OUCH what?
Stupid is as Stupid does, Forest.
Originally posted by BktBallRef
If the defender swipes down and the ball goes down, he probably got mostly ball. But if he swipes down and the ball goes up, you can be pretty darn sure there was a foul.

Ya know Tony, just because I disagree with your opinion does not make me stupid, nor does it make you stupid. If you want to make a call based on "he probably" or "you can be pretty darn sure", you go right ahead. Maybe that's the way they do it where you're at, fine. I am not going to guess, because that is how the phantom call comes about. I will trust my partner(s), I will trust my partner(s), I will trust my partner(s)... And please don't send me another profanity laden e-mail like you did on 1/27/02, I will not only forward it to Brad, but I will post it on this board. I don't expect nor want you to admit you're wrong, but be man enough to admit that other's differ with you're opinions and have the right to do so.

[Edited by devdog69 on Aug 27th, 2002 at 09:25 PM]