View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 26, 2008, 07:13pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Agree, But Would Like Some Citations ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper1 View Post
While A1 is still holding the ball, he's allowed to be out of bounds with it. If A1 held it over the line, and B1 slapped at it but didn't dislodge it, you wouldn't call an out of bounds violation on A1, would you? Your situation was the same.

The ball is allowed to be touched while it has out of bounds status during the throw-in. If the ball is being held on the out of bounds side of the boundary plane, then only the throw-in team is allowed to touch it. But if it is on the inbounds side of the boundary plane, then either team may touch it and not violate.

Those throw-in provisions are in effect until the ball is released on the throw-in pass. In your case, since the ball hadn't been released, it's not a violation on either team when the ball touches the defender.
Scrapper1: These all sound good to me, but can you provide some citations that cover these situations, especially the first one you mentioned where "A1 held it over the line, and B1 slapped at it but didn't dislodge it". Thanks.
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Fri Sep 26, 2008 at 07:19pm.