View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 22, 2008, 04:24pm
Esteemed Participant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrye22 View Post
I'm in a situation like Rich
If the O says they will take a knee - we relay it and the D is expected to sit back and wait.
If O pulls a play - USC unfair tactics
If D attacks - PF probable ejection
In this case definate ejection. We report all ejections on our game reports and the association deals out penalties, ususally 1-3 games, but this would probably have been either 3 or 5 games (depends on the player's history). We have also had a few year long and lifetime bans.
So if the Offense says they are going to take a knee, and then the offensive tackle blasts out and nails the defensive end, are you going with PF and probable ejection on the OT also? Or is it just the defensive players you nail for attacking in this situation? I ask because we had this happen in our game Friday night - the U tells all of my defensive players that The QB is taking a knee - all my defensive players relax somewhat, and then the tackle absolutely blasts my DE off his feet - and the U and White Hat said "He should have been prepared." When I asked them if they would have flagged the DE if it was reversed, they got kinda red-faced and said "Probably" and then left the field...