View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 22, 2008, 09:35am
Get away from me, Steve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JugglingReferee View Post
If the LB went in before the snap, I've most definitely got a DQ. I may also decide to end the game if I believe that B's team actions were in conflict with the football playing ethics listed at the start of the rulebook.

If the LB went in after the snap, I've got a UR. There is nothing that says if A is going to take a knee, that B has to let up. If A fumbles the snap, the ball is live and B has 100% of the right to try and recover that ball - in which they can score! Therefore, I do not expect B not to play to the end of the play.
When I lived in another area of the country, that was our philosophy. Nobody EVER told us there was going to be a knee taken and we handled it as normal.

Here, they ALL notify and they expect both teams to let up. I had a hard time with this at first, but.....when in Rome, I guess. As soon as I see the snap not fumbled and the knee starting down, I blow the whistle, even if the knee hasn't yet touched the ground. Never a complaint by anyone on that. Again, when in Rome.