View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 22, 2008, 07:15am
In Memoriam

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyMac View Post

1) Was there ever a time, even for a very brief period of time, when a defensive player, jumping from the two point area of the court, touching a try from behind the three point line, where the try counted as only two points.

2) I keep getting hints from members about polls. It took me quite a while to figure out how to work the image feature of this Forum. Much thanks to those members who helped me figure it out.

3) And it's ChuckElias, not Chuck Elias.
1) Not to my recollection. BayStateRef gave you the right info above. Up to the 2001-02 season, to score a 3 on a ball tipped by a defender standing inside the arc, you had to rule that it was a "try" or a "tap". If you judged it to be a "pass" or a "throw", you scored a 2. In the 2001-02 season, the FED took the judgment out of the call by adding a "pass" or "throw" to the situations when you still score a 3.

2) Iirc, I was one of the members who showed you how to post pictures. I rank that as one of the dumbest things that I have ever done. As for polls, when it comes to officiating rules or mechanics, polls are about as helpful as some of the pictures you post.

3)