View Single Post
Old Sun Sep 21, 2008, 08:37pm
Esteemed Forum Member

Was It Always Three ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayStateRef View Post
The rule was changed in 2001 or 2002, if memory serves me. Previously the official had to deem the "pass" from beyond the 3-point line that went in the basket to be a try. The rule change allowed any "try, tap or thrown ball" from beyond the line that went in the basket to count for three points.
BayStateRef: Thanks. I was almost sure that I didn't dream about that problem with the new three point line.

Now, can you give us any insight to my other question about the new three point line? Did I dream it, or did we have a problem with a defensive player, jumping from the two point area of the court, touching a try from behind the three point line? Was this ever, even for a brief period of time, counted as two points? I'm almost sure that I didn't dream about this early three point problem, but as we all know, "almost only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades." (Imagine an image of a horseshoe and/or a hand grenade posted here)
"For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

“I was in prison and you came to visit me.” (Matthew 25:36)

Last edited by BillyMac; Sun Sep 21, 2008 at 09:02pm.