View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 18, 2008, 12:12am
Official Forum Member

get off eds nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonTX View Post
Obviously you aren't an official. Our integrity is much better than that. Missed calls are never good, but in the eyes of officials, phantom calls are much worse. 2 wrongs don't make it right. Suppose the chargers sacked the QB instead of the whistle being blown. Guess what. The chargers still have to stop Denver twice. The chargers still would have lost. If you are upset at the officiating this why don't you walk in our shoes for 1 game. You'd freeze up and wouldn't have a clue. I know, I was a fan once. I quit complaining and became an official. Not long after that I realized that officials are right the majority of the time, and most of the things I complained about were flat out wrong. Fans don't know the rules, they don't no the intents or philosophy of the rules. You see, you complain about holding on some plays, but the fact is, what you are seeing may be perfectly legal.
I am a san diego fan, however I was pointing out that there were multiple missed calls in the game, and the equipment failure, which is extremely hard to handle. Which is why San Diego fans are very upset. Two of the issues resulted in HUGE momentum shifts which are difficult for a VISITING team to overcome. If you know as much as you think you know about football it is a game of momentum.
I am an official and do understand the game moves a hundred miles a minute, I just expect NFL referees not to make such a petty mistake. A good analogy for Ed's mistake would be if I am a Bank teller and I cant count. Good whistle control is one of the top keys to being a good official.
I must admit Ed has never been a favorite of mine, He is the most recognized official due to his explanations and his biceps.

The amount of time the media has spent on this deal proves how bad the chargers got screwed, everyone keeps saying oh your defense should have stopped them but again, if the call was handled properly and they were awarded the turnover they deserved, then we are not having this conversation.