View Single Post
Old Mon Sep 15, 2008, 10:22pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Grabbing the flag and holding it until the snap then throwing it the instant the snap occurred is a good indication of that knowledge.
You really need to give this argument up. You cannot jump to the conclusion that he knew the count based on this. It is not logical to assume that he had his hand on his flag to signal an IS foul (plus you probably know what happens when you assume).

Quote:
Instead of apologizing or giving the only possible (but actually impossible due to his actions) justification of not having the count in time, he went ballistic.
A very small concession to you...if the official truly went ballistic (which may or may not be true), he was not justified and he was wrong.

Quote:
This guy was probably hired by our opposition not my league which could as suggested be the explanation for his inexperience and low quality. I don’t know how this particular opponent staffs it’s games.
Because I am sure you staff your games with NFL officials on their off days. Also, you are tired of people focusing on you, yet you continue to bash this official. He made a call different that you expected, and you just go off and name call and make unfounded, dangerous accusations. Since in your mind, if an official makes one even so-so call he is inexperienced and low quality. Using this logic, Ed Hochuli is low quality.

Quote:
I didn’t do anything out of line by simply stating rules (correctly)
Need I remind you of the entire 'three seconds' debate?

Quote:
The official made a mistake maliciously or in incompetence about enforcing a rule.
To quote Ronald Reagan: "There you go again" with making unbased accusations.

Quote:
The rules are somewhat flawed in that they allow unethical abuse and create honest confusion among some, but otherwise fine.
You have had a bunch of officials on here tell you that the call was correct. Are they all unethical too?

Quote:
The ethical question still remains because this does get botched up from time to time.
You are the only one who has come up with the silly ethical question. You want to talk about ethics? OK, is it ethical for a coach to come on here and smear an official who probably does not even know anything about the savage attack you have waged on him? Is it ethical to blame an official when the original mistake that was made was your own? Is it ethical to continue to argue with a group of officials who started this discussion by trying to help you out and explain the rules to you?