View Single Post
Old Fri Sep 12, 2008, 10:25am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmbu
I knew it. Three replies and pretty much three defenders of the umpire. One of them who a couple of weeks ago can be quoted as saying:

"we would have expressed our sympathy to the coach for getting a good old fashioned screwing by a useless umpire with no sense of ethics.........."

I know this is a different situation all together, but nonetheless when a coach posts, he is torn apart no matter what the situation.

Wait just a minute there Skip. You came here and asked a question (on an umpires forum), got three answers, and then blasted the umpires. You did not get three defenders of the umpires, you got one who defended the umpire, one who asked for more information regarding your specific play, and one who said the umpire handled it wrong. When you said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by harmbu
I knew it.
you have admitted to having your mind made up before you even started the conversation. If you want to come here and discuss the rule, and how that particular umpire handled it, we have no problem with that, but don't come here and blast people because you mistakenly thought the umpires were being blindly defended.

FWIW--The plate guy was wrong in the way he handled the situation. I was not there, so I cannot comment on the call, but what happened afterword, you have a right to be upset with.