View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 11, 2008, 12:57pm
Official Forum Member

For what it's worth, I'll throw in my perspective as a mid-level user. I certainly don't post as much as many users I consider to be the more experienced as far as officiating, but I am not a newbie either. I tend to absorb information more than offer my own perspective on things. And I find this site invaluable for learning and becoming a better official.

I definitely get the comraderie among the faithful, and the inside jokes and the threads that sometimes go way off topic. That is just the nature of internet message boards. No problem.

What I personally don't like are the users who seem to only post what they consider to be funny retorts. I don't think I've ever found any of their posts to be even remotely funny. I try to just completely ignore those people's posts.

I would hate to see any of the regular members leave because of the way the forum is moderated. I learn so much from the many scenarios that are played out here. The perspectives that I would never think of on my own. It's monumentally worth reading through the relatively small amount of drivel to get to the good stuff.