View Single Post
Old Thu Sep 11, 2008, 11:41am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJT
I saw the game. A few illegal formations and several defensive offsides were called early. I think it was a sloppy game and the players did not adjust to how closely they may have been calling these two (somewhat judgemental) fouls. After one DOF or IF is called, the players had better WAKE UP and get out of the NZ and make sure the offensive tackles are on the LOS.
For whatever reason the Viking organization commit’s a penalty on nearly every play. Neutral zone infractions by 3 out of 4 defensive lineman are common place especially in or near the red zone. Recently they feel the popularity of Adrian Peterson gives them the right to steer defenders by grabbing the shoulders. I have no idea what justification they have for hooking (wizard - ing) defensive ends on passing plays. I don’t know why they have been allowed to do this routinely. They have no incentive to stop because they get caught less than 1 out of 10 times. The Packers naturally have to somehow compete with these unfair advantages often by committing a few infractions in the spirit of fair play. The officials UNDER-officiated the Vikings which led the game to deteriorate into near chaos.