View Single Post
Old Wed Sep 10, 2008, 09:21am
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mregor
I watched enough to know that their assisting the teammate jumper call is not a PF as they called it. I saw an illegal downfield call where the DE stunted and the tackle missed his block and the tackle was not much more than a step accross the LOS and did not continue and they called it ineligible down field (and it was a deep pass and not a screen). I saw at least one DPI that just wasn't there IMO. Have no idea who the crew was as I don't pay that much attention to the numerous officials, and from what I saw, I felt it was over officiated. Totally took away from the game. Or I was drunk, one of the two.
You must have been drunk, from Wisconsin or both!

They showed the replay twice on the TD pass to Donald Driver. Two linemen were a step across the LOS but a second linemen was FIVE yards across the LOS. Sorry but that's ineligible downfield.

There was an ineligible downfield on a WR screen pass that I didn't understand as the ball didn't cross the NZ. And there was a DPI call on Green Bay when WR Wade was pulled down by his left arm while running a cross that was NOT called. I thought to myself, "Somebody will get gig for that one."

But over officiated? No. These guys are scrutinized on every play. If you see a foul, you'd better call it. As MJT said, sloppy play.

"You should never be proud of doing the right thing." - Dean Smith

Last edited by BktBallRef; Wed Sep 10, 2008 at 09:26am.