View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 09, 2008, 11:33pm
Official Forum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mregor
I watched enough to know that their assisting the teammate jumper call is not a PF as they called it. I saw an illegal downfield call where the DE stunted and the tackle missed his block and the tackle was not much more than a step accross the LOS and did not continue and they called it ineligible down field (and it was a deep pass and not a screen). I saw at least one DPI that just wasn't there IMO. Have no idea who the crew was as I don't pay that much attention to the numerous officials, and from what I saw, I felt it was over officiated. Totally took away from the game. Or I was drunk, one of the two.
They announced it as "leverage" which is correct in the NFL. The IDF was correct, I rewinded my tape of it and the player was 3 yards past the LOS on the play. I am SURE, as I stopped the tape at the spot when the pass was thrown.

Since both those plays were negative against GB, I'd say you are a Packer fan who as you said "was probably drunk."

You, the Packer fan, did not mention the two DPI's that on replay looked like they "were there" and would have gone against the Packers. The talking heads even said, "I think the Vikings had a reason to be complaining" but I don't pay attention to them much. The non DPI calls were tough ones that could have gone either way probably.

Rut stated the crew makeup changes every year, that is true. I know for a fact from several NFL officials I know that they hardly ever have the same 7 from one year to the next.

Last edited by MJT; Tue Sep 09, 2008 at 11:37pm.