View Single Post
Old Tue Sep 09, 2008, 11:30pm
Do not give a damn!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mregor
I watched enough to know that their assisting the teammate jumper call is not a PF as they called it. I saw an illegal downfield call where the DE stunted and the tackle missed his block and the tackle was not much more than a step accross the LOS and did not continue and they called it ineligible down field (and it was a deep pass and not a screen).
Now some specifics.

Now how do you know what the call was if you were in a bar and did not hear the explanation? What you just described sounds like "leaping" which is a PF under some specific situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mregor
I saw at least one DPI that just wasn't there IMO. Have no idea who the crew was as I don't pay that much attention to the numerous officials, and from what I saw, I felt it was over officiated. Totally took away from the game. Or I was drunk, one of the two.
The make up of crews changes every year. Some people stay together and some people leave to go on other crews. Even if you recognized the Referee, that does not mean he had the same 6 people he had last year on that crew.

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing with a DPI call, but why was it missed? Or is that too much of an attack? After all you did say you were drunk.

Peace